Wednesday, November 27, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Thanksgiving Standstill

I brought out my Field Study quilt that I stopped working on when I started the Fairy Tale quilt but it has mostly hung lonely over the chair.

I decided to serge the seams after reading Rachel's post. Since this is an after thought and not the plan from the beginning it is a tenuous task since there are seams under seams. I made a hole in a small part of the backing when I ran over a seam buried in a seam so I lost steam. Once I finish my Secret Santa gift and post it off to far away lands Field Study will get my full concentration as I would like to gift this quilt for Christmas (since I didn't birthday gift it back in July.)

I am also making some kids place mats for Christmas and am going with a woodland theme. I love woodland animals and hope the recipients do to. This embroidery will be surrounded by a patchwork frame. Place mats are a fun project!

Here is a little sneak peak of a cushion I am working on. It was one of those projects I was working on for fun when I should have been working on something else.

I seem to be having more starts than finishes lately but here is a Mr. Fox placemat which I used  my friend's fun tutorial. Chrissy also has a fun pattern to make a panda placemat too. Besides the sewing works in progress would include baking and cleaning. Happy Thanksgiving to those of you who will be celebrating tomorrow!!
                                                                 grab a button

15 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the little animal placemats - what a fabulous idea! And that fox - seriously adorable!

    Fingers crossed the rest of the Field Study quilt goes together smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your deer is beautiful! Can't wait to see your other woodland animals :)

    Good luck with the field study quilt, it's gorgeous and sure to be worth the extra effort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilt in progress and your other creations are so cute!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to see your starts :) Love the fox!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sewing table right in front of the window- how nice! Looks like you're having fun with all your starts, and middles! Enjoy baking and family time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see your finished quilt - cute fox too")

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice idea - the placemat with woodland animals! I can´t wait to see your new pillow! It looks like really funny project :)

    And Happy Thanksgiving to you and to your family!

    Jola ***

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just adorable. I pinned the tutes so I can make some later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of you projects! Can't wait to see more on them!
    Hope your Field Studies goes easier now! And thanks for the link to the Fox placemat. So sweet!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the colours in your Field Study quilt. I presume your solid is a linen if you are now going back over the seems - is this right? Better to be safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am looking forward to seeing your place mats for kids and the cushion. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who has more starts than finishes at the moment. Wishing you a lot of free time for sewing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really get the starting something when there are other things to do! I picked back up on a baby quilt last night instead of all the other needful things around me! And here I am now when my DH's family is due any moment! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely works. Starting is mandatory, finishing is optional......... : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay!! Glad to see Field Study back out, even if only to wait for a bit!
    And that fox is adorable!! Love him! Can't wait to see the cushion you're working on, i've been wanting to try stamping fabric, just haven't found the time. Your little embroidery is adorable as well. I'm always in awe of your embroidery work, just awesome! Can't wait to see the place mats!
    Hope you and the fam had a wonderful Thanksgiving Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are working on some great projects! The fox is super cute, and the little deer! Embroidery is one of those things I keep meaning to learn. I can't believe you decided to serge all your seams! That is dedication.

    ReplyDelete